The SQT Treatment is used to boost collagen, reduce dark spots, and improve the overall texture & appearance of the skin by applying the biological microneedling solution which targets the problematic areas. Bio Microneedling is essential for maintaining and restoring skin’s health and appearance.
What is SQT Bio Microneedling?
The key ingredient is SPONGE SPICULES which is a pure and natural biological extract. It is much more advanced than algae and seaweed and 100% natural without any chemicals or acid. Siliceous biological microneedle are extracted from freshwater sponge, is then broken down into a powder and combined with a naturally healing and hydrating liquid to form an exfoliating mask. It can stimulate the dermis of the skin and start skin surface microcirculation, improve the capillary stoma blocking phenomenon, accelerate the natural exfoliation of the aging cuticle.
In just a few minutes, 3,000,000 microneedles are directly
introduced to the dermis layer through a hand massage to
promote skin metabolism and collagen regeneration.
The spongilla microneedles will be excreted from the body
with the metabolism of the skin within 48-72 hours.
After the facial treatment, the skin will peel off naturally
within 4 days, and new skin can be obtained in as little as 7 days.
SQT Bio Microneedling Therapy aims to treat the following:
- Acne, acne scars
- Enlarge Pores
- Hyperpigmentation, Melasma & Uneven Skin Tone
- Anti-Aging Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Dry & Oily Skin
SQT Bio Microneedling - Pre Treatment
- If you have a history of herpes outbreaks (cold sores) in the area of treatment, you should discuss this with Novo Skincare associate prior to booking appointment and take an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant, consult your physician before receiving any treatment.
- Postpone procedure in case of active herpes (cold sore) outbreak or if you had or plan exposure to strong sunlight (such as tanning, sailing, skiing) or had IPL laser treatments within the past 3 weeks.
- Discontinue use of: retinoid (Retin-A, Renova, AHA’s BHA’s etc.), glycolic, salicylic acids at least 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid drinking Alcohol 1 day before treatment.
- Do Not Wear Make-Up on the day of treatment. It is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight.
Postpone treatment if you had the following within the pass 48hrs: Waxing, Peels, Botox/Dysport, Dermal Fillers, Microneedling, Microblading, Laser Treatments, Hydrafacial, Microdermabrasion, Hydrodermabrasion. Please inform Novo Skincare representative of any treatments prior to booking any of our treatments.
SQT Bio Microneedling – Post Treatment
To maximize results, the client should follow a recommended healthy skin care regimen at home. Due to the nature of these treatments, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, you may have light to moderate flaking in a few localized areas for 3 to 7 days. You may also experience residual redness, which can last up to 12 hours. It is recommended that you do not apply makeup the day of the treatment. It is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight. However, makeup can be applied, if necessary. Tonight, your skin will feel tight and ‘pulled’. Although you may or may not actually “peel”, it is likely that you will experience a light ‘exfoliation’. It may take 2 or more treatments to target the deeper layers of skin to loosen and “peel”, in order to obtain maximum results and avoid complications, please follow the post-peel instruction listed below for approximately 5 to 7 days.
Avoid the following to the treated area:
- Extreme water temperatures
- Avoid make-up
- No swimming
- Tanning products
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Avoid excessive heat
- Avoid acid products, Retina A (retinol), AHA’s, (as glycolic acids) skin scrubs, laser treatments, exfoliate of any kind and chemical peels for 3 weeks. No forceful scrubbing with towels, loofah, sponges, silicone scrubbers for at least 48hrs.
- Do not apply make-up if you have crusting, open areas or blisters until treated area is healed. A small percentage of patients will experience a post-inflammatory reaction (acne breakout) which is normal and will subside over time.
- Do not cleanse your skin the evening of your peel or treatment
- Do not pick or pull any flaking skin.
- Do not tan or use a tanning booth for at least 14 days post treatment.
- Do not have electrolysis, waxing, treading or any other form of hair removal for 14 days post treatment.
- Do not use facial scrubs or mechanical forms of exfoliation for 21 days post treatment
- Do not have any laser treatment, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 21 days post treatment.
- Do not apply ice or ice water on the treated area.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and or excessively hot showers for 7 days post treatment.
- Do not go swimming for 7 days post treatment.
- Do not participate in aerobic exercise for 7 days post treatment.
- Maintain hydration, both topically and internally. Drink 8 to 12 glasses of water per day. Use hydrating products adapted to skin type.
- In a rare case of an allergic reaction to products or service, you will experience a heated sensation, please rinse with cool water and use cool compress to keep skin cool to calm irritation. This is in a rare case; please see a medical physician asap.
How does Bio Microneedling work?
In just 5 minutes, 3 million natural siliceous microneedles are directly introduced to the dermis layer through hand massage to stimulate collagen regeneration. SQT stimulates the body’s scar-healing response and increases skin cell renewal. The creation of collagen and elastin is initiated as your skin heals, giving you an almost instant plumping effect.
How many sessions are recommended?
SQT will achieve good results after 1-2 sessions, however for optimal results we recommend series of treatments, biweekly-triweekly pending on the skin condition.
Is this a chemical peel?
No, it is not. However, Flaking or peeling can be expected depending on the health of the patients skin. The SQT key ingredient is Spongilla (Sponge) Spicules are a kind of siliceous bio micro-needling that is extracted from the sea sponge. It is a 100% all-natural, Vegan Peel made of non-chemical ingredients using non-chemical synthesis which is more advance than algae and seaweed.
How long is the treatment and recovery time?
Treatment can last up to 45 minutes. The following 24-48 hours after treatment, the microneedles remain in the skin and continue collagen production. It is not abnormal to feel a slight tingly feeling when making contact to skin.
What can I expect after an SQT Bio Microneedling treatment?
Redness will occur in most people for 1-3 days, this is a normal reaction. You will feel relatively dry for the first few days after the treatment because of the skin cell renewal process. You will be given a SQT recovery serum to take care of your skin following your treatment. Peeling can be expected from day 3, which is a normal response and can vary between patients and different skin conditions. Results can be seen in as little as 7 days.
Does It Hurt?
Unlike traditional microneedling, no topical numbing, skin breakage, or bleeding occurs making it a much more comfortable session.
How does it feel during treatment?
A subtle “pricking” feeling will be felt when mask is being rubbed into the skin, similar to an exfoliating mask.
How is it different from Microneedling treatment?
No Anesthetic, no skin breakage, no bleeding. SQT shortens the skin renewal cycle from 28 days to 7 days, achieving a natural, safe and effective physical rejuvenation.
Why choose SQT Bio Microneedling Treatment?
Compared to chemical peeling, Bio Microneedling therapy has no side effects and is suitable for all skin types because the ingredients are natural with no acid or components that damage skin.
What are the contraindications?
- Thin cuticle and sensitive skin should be used with caution
- Cracked or injured skin, inflamed skin
- Fungal and bacterial skin infections, herpes and other viral infections
- Immune function disease, thyroid insufficiency disease
- Heart disease, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease, cancer patients, please use it under the guidance of a doctor.
- Treatment with a strong exfoliating acid within the past 3-4 weeks
- Wait 4 weeks if fractional laser, picosecond laser or Thermacool treatment
- Wait 4 weeks if you have been treated with Botox or hyaluronic acid fillers