HIFU Ultherapy is an advanced non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation and Body Contouring treatment that uses High Frequency Ultrasound to Tighten, Lift and Reduce. Focused ultrasound energy targets key structures which are used to contract collagen fibres, lift the muscles, tighten skin, and destroy subcutaneous fat tissues. This is the highest level of non-surgical technology available.
- Clinically Proven, Safe and Effective
- Cost Effective Alternative to a Surgical Face Lift
- No Need for Anesthesia or Sedation
- No Incisions or Risk of Infection
- No Downtime
- Lasting Results can be seen after one treatment
Hifu stimulates collagen production to produce long-term results. Lift and tighten sagging, drooping skin by increasing elasticity, create youthful contours by tightening the skin at a deep level rejuvenate and strengthen the skin over the long term.
HIFU is a permanent fat loss treatment. Using heat, it destroys the fat cells in a specific target area like the stomach or the thighs. Not only does it destroy fat, but it also boosts collagen growth which makes the skin tighter and firmer.
This medical-grade device delivers ultrasound energy at precise depths of the tissue. This creates heat which stimulates the breakdown of fatty tissue and promotes tissue remodeling in the body, helping to lift and tighten loose skin.
High-intensity focused ultrasound can also speed up the bodies metabolism as well as shrink skin fibres,allowing this treatment to tighten and lift the skin as well as destroying the pockets of fat that are the cause of cellulite.
- Avoid a heavy meal and fatty foods 1 hour before treatment
- Avoid caffeine 2 hours before treatment
- Avoid any alcohol 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid having any laser treatments on the area 2-3 weeks before treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (sun burn) on the area 3 weeks before treatment
- If the skin is red, irritated or broken, we cannot treat until the skin has completely healed
- Our treatments are not suitable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Please advise of any blood thinning or skin thinning medications you are taking
- If you have any metal implants in the area being treated, unfortunately we cannot treat with HIFU. This is because the metal attracts the HIFU energy and the area can become quite hot and painful
- Exposure to the sun burns the skin and sunburned or recently tanned skin cannot be treated with HIFU. Chemicals/products which irritate the skin should be avoided as this may prevent treatment.
- Certain medications like antibiotics may make your skin become more light-sensitive, if you are on antibiotics, please book two week after completion of medication.
Must not have a history of cold sore before treatment. Cold sores will impair the treatment process. The HIFU treatment cannot also be carried out if they have a fever.
It is important that on the day of the treatment, all make-up and moisturisers should be avoided.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure for a period of two weeks. This will help to prevent hyperpigmentation and reduce the chance of sunburn and skin damage. Use sunscreen to prevent destructive ultraviolet light from the sun from directly touching the skin.
- Avoid alcohol for a period of seven days, because it makes your liver to do extra work. After the treatment procedure, your liver is tasked with breaking down the deactivated fat. Consuming alcohol means that the liver now has to break down alcohol in addition to the deactivated fat. Alcohol also reduces the density of your blood. The implications of less dense blood are that excessive bleeding may occur since blood clotting will be a challenge. Avoid drinking alcohol at all costs!
- Don’t scratch your skin. Your skin will be very sensitive, and scratching it puts you at the risk of skin damage. If you have scars, you are also advised to allow them to fall off naturally; trying to remove them may lead to a large wound, which may lead to infection.
- Drink more water after the HIFU treatment, water will help in your recovery by increasing the rate at which collagen is produced in the body.
- No Hot Showers or Baths taking your bath, lukewarm water will facilitate the quick recovery of your skin. It is normal for the area to feel warm immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area may be flushed, red and feel tingly
- Do not wax the treated area for 5 days
- Do not laser the treated area for 2 weeks
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 3 days
- Avoid hot baths, steam rooms and massage for 24 hrs after treatment
- Avoid sun burn during the healing process of the skin for 2 weeks after treatment
- Apply SPF 30 daily
- Drink plenty of water
- A review of your progress is recommended after 12 weeks during a scheduled Follow Up appointment
This treatment targets only stubborn subcutaneous fat, but not visceral fat. Visceral fat is the deep dangerous fat around the organs that can only be influenced through diet, lifestyle such as sleep, stress and exercise. It is therefore important to keep a close eye on your visceral fat levels through the course of the treatments eat a healthy, balanced diet, keep active, drink water, sleep and manage stress levels.
If your lifestyle changes in a negative way, your visceral fat cells can expand and you may put on weight all over the body which can greatly impact on the success of your treatments. Non-surgical fat reduction treatments work to destroy stubborn subcutaneous fat cells, so if you are expanding your visceral fat cells as a result of living an unhealthy lifestyle, you will compromise the results of your treatment and health.
Ultrasound technology has been used by medical professionals for scans including pregnancy scans as well as other indications for over 50 years.
HIFU results occur in two phases following your session.
- Expect immediate tightening results of your skin in the treatment area. This is due to the heat, which contracts the underlying network of collagen fibres. Strands of collagen shrink when exposed to heat, which is what creates this tightening effect.
- The HIFU energy also stimulates other cells in the treatment area, including fibroblasts. These cells are responsible for creating new, stronger collagen fibres. This effect takes place over several months, which is why the results appear slowly and gradually.
After six to nine months, your Ultraformer HIFU results will peak, but this is different for every patient.
Additional lasting improvements can be made by maintaining annual treatments. Results may vary from person to person.
Patients report little to no pain and discomfort during their session. During the treatment, you will feel warm pulses of ultrasound energy being delivered deep under the skin, causing the collagen and muscle layers to contract. Some people with pain sensitivity may find this uncomfortable and is advised to take a Paracetamol/Acetaminophen prior to treatment.
One treatment is often enough for most people; however, you may choose a second treatment 6 months later to optimize results.
The results can last up to a year sometimes 18 months, so you may decide to have further treatment when the results start to wear off.
You can go back to work and routine life immediately after the treatment.
A small percentage of clients may have mild redness, and swelling, across the treatment areas is common but won’t last longer than a couple of days. Temporary bruising and numbness are also possible but not as common and will last a couple of weeks. Some people may experience slight tingling or tenderness in the area treated for several weeks as the growth of new collagen occurs. The only other noticeable effects will be lifting and tightening.
Yes you can; however, we usually advise you have the Ultraformer treatment a month before you have any injectable treatments if they are in the same area.
A proper HIFU face lift procedure is repeated once every 12-18 months. As for fat-melting procedures such as for jowls or double chin reduction, 1-2 sessions might be needed.
How many Treatments of Body Sculpting HIFU are recommended? Generally between 3 to 4 treatments per area are recommended, however, some clients see results after a single treatment. Please consult with Novo Skincare representative.