Hydrodermabrasion is known as the next generation of microdermabrasion treatment an effective exfoliating method. Dead skin cells are suctioned off while the negative pressure boosts blood circulation and stimulates cell regeneration, stimulating collagen and elastin to improve skin texture and elasticity.
- If you have a history of herpes outbreaks (cold sores) in the area of treatment, you should discuss this with Novo Skincare associate prior to booking appointment and take an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Postpone procedure in case of active herpes (cold sore) outbreak or if you had or plan exposure to strong sunlight (such as tanning, sailing, skiing) or had IPL laser treatments within the past 3 weeks.
- Discontinue use of: retinoid (Retin-A, Renova, AHA’s BHA’s etc.), glycolic, salicylic acids at least 5 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid drinking Alcohol 1 day before treatment.
- Do Not Wear Make-Up on the day of treatment. It is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight.
- Postpone treatment if you had the following within the pass 48hrs:
Waxing, Chemical Peels, Botox/Dysport , Dermal Fillers, Microneedling, Microblading, Meso Therapy, Laser Treatments, Electrolysis
- You may feel slight tingling or discomfort; this will subside within 24 hours after treatment. Microdermabrasion may peel, feel tight and dry, protect with cosmeceutical moisturizer and sunscreen. Treatment area may or may not be red; this will also lessen by the following day. To avoid pigmentation changes, keep skin hydrated, and protected please use a medical graded non-irritating moisturizer and sunscreen 4-6 weeks after treatment.
- To maximize results, the client should follow a healthy skin care regimen at home.
- Avoid the following to the treated area day of treatment, resume next day:
Extreme water temperatures, Avoid make-up, Face washing, No swimming, Tanning products, Avoid direct sun exposure
- Avoid acid products, Retin A (retinol), AHA’s, (as glycolic acids) skin scrubs, laser treatment, exfoliate of any kind and chemical peels for 3 weeks.
- Treatment areas may be sensitive do not use saunas, hot tubs, whirlpools, tanning beds, for at least 24-48hrs.
- No forceful scrubbing with towels, loofah, sponges, silicone scrubbers for at least 24-48hrs.
- Do not apply make-up if you have crusting, open areas or blisters until treated area is healed. A small percentage of patients will experience a post-inflammatory reaction (acne breakout) which is normal and will subside over time.
- Maintain hydration, both topically and internally. Drink 8 to 12 glasses of water per day. Use hydrating products adapted to skin type.
- In a rare case of an allergic reaction to products or service, you will experience a heated sensation, please rinse with cool water and use cool compress to keep skin cool to calm irritation. This is in a rare case; please see a medical physician asap.
Hydrodermabrasion provides excellent results for the following conditions:
Acne and acne scars
Excess oil production
Blackheads and whiteheads
Enlarged and open pores
Superficial age spots
Dull, stressed and congested skin
With conditions such as acne it may be necessary to combine hydrodermabrasion with other medical therapies such as peels, dermal rolling and IPL.
During treatment on the skin and simultaneously vacuumed away with the hydrodermabrasion device. This has the effect of gently smoothing the skin surface and removing the outer layer of dead skin cells. With repeated treatments this results in a permanent reduction of skin surface irregularities.
One treatment per month once to achieved the desired skin result.
Some redness may occur and this will vary between customers, however most redness will subside within 24 hours. Make-up can be applied immediately following the procedure which enables customers to have the treatment done during a lunch break and then return to work.